[CentOS-devel] Facing issue while Contributing code to existing Git repos

Amarjeet Singh

amarjeetxc at gmail.com
Wed Feb 13 17:49:42 UTC 2019

Hi Team,

I am trying to contribute to the existing Git repos.

I have followed the process from the below link

https://wiki.centos.org/Sources

[user at host]$ git clone  https://git.centos.org/git/rpms/kernel.git cd
kernel# let's work on the centos7 kernel[user at host]$ git checkout
c7[user at host]$ ~/bin/get_sources.sh# switch to the local tree to
edit[user at host]$ git checkout -b my-kernel# make edits to SPEC file,
etc [user at host]$ git commit -m 'my local change' -a

This command    *~/bin/get_sources.sh  has downloaded the xxxx.tar.gz file
in the SOURCES directory.*

*Now I have extracted the tar file and did the changes. *

At this stage If I commit then I have to include all the extracted files.

If I run git format-patch c7  it generate the file which includes all the
files.

Please  guide me how to contribute  to the existing GIT REPOS.

Thanks and Regards,
Amarjeet Singh