[CentOS-devel] [CentOS-docs] Authorization to use CentOS logo in GNOME Boxes

Karsten Wade kwade at redhat.com
Wed Feb 20 20:14:59 UTC 2019

On 2/18/19 8:07 AM, Fabiano Fidêncio wrote:
> What's the status of this issue?

Below is my understanding of status.  Unfortunately there is no tracker
for this, it's all in this email thread:

1. GNOME has permission to use the CentOS logo without the wordmark for
the GNOME Boxes website, as shown in the example provided by GNOME.
   - This is already allowed in the trademark guidelines but there was
no corresponding logo with usage guidelines.
   - GNOME Boxes can go ahead and use the logo without the wordmark.

2. Fabiano needs to track down who made the logo without wordmark and
get that person to give permission to the CentOS Project to use that work.

3. Tuomas should have permission to add the stand-alone logo to the wiki
page, AFTER he approves that the submission of work from 2. above is an
accurate logo.

Frankly, I don't care if we skip steps 2 & 3 and have Tuomas make a new
logo to post.  However, Fabiano et al would then need to use that SVG or
binary file for GNOME boxes.

Let me know if any other clarification is needed,

Best - Karsten
--
Karsten Wade | Community Architect | @quaid
Red Hat Open Source and Standards (OSAS) : @redhatopen