[CentOS-devel] Facing issue while Contributing code to existing Git repos

Trevor Hemsley

trevor.hemsley at ntlworld.com
Wed Feb 13 18:24:34 UTC 2019

Hi

I think you are misunderstanding how this works.

git contains only the parts of the rpm like patches and the spec file.
You don't check out the sources as part of the git checkout, you use
get-sources.sh that pulls the tarball down from a lookaside cache. So
when you run your git format-patch, it thinks that everything that
get-sources.sh put there is new so it wants to upload it...

Which brings us to the other misunderstanding. You'll find that git.c.o
is readonly. Only Redhat have commit access to it.

Trevor