[CentOS-devel] moving packages through -candidate to -testing and -release

Alfredo Moralejo Alonso amoralej at redhat.com
Tue Jan 15 13:30:20 UTC 2019

Hi,

AFAIK, there is nothing provided by CentOS itself to SIGs.

In CloudSIG, we are using a combination of tools, SoftwareFactory
(gerrit/zuul/nodepool), packages metadata database in repo (rdoinfo) and
testing tools to automate validation of updates before pushing new tags and
the pushing tags itself.

In latest CentOS Dojo we did a presentation about our automation on
dependencies management which includes promoting packages from -candidate
to -testing and from -testing to -release (note that there are some other
automation to build packages and monitor upstream updates which are not
required to promote packages over repos). If you are interested in the
details you can check the presentation in [1] and the recording of the talk
in [2].

Feel free to poke jpena or myself (amoralej) in #centos-devel if you have
any questions.

Best regards,

Alfredo

[1]
https://github.com/javierpena/presentations/raw/master/tangling-with-tools-automatically-managing-dependencies/Tangling%20With%20Tools_%20Automatically%20Managing%20Dependencies%20Within%20Cloud%20SIG.odp
[2] https://cds.cern.ch/record/2644616