[CentOS-devel] Adding to the PPC arch group

Philip Prindeville

philipp_subx at redfish-solutions.com
Thu Jan 17 22:11:47 UTC 2019

Hi.

I and my development group are interested in doing ppc (ppc32) development for CentOS 7 and getting that running on certain SoC-based platforms.

I imagine that there’s some overlap with the 32-bit component on the Power7 work.

We have Centos 7.6 x86_64 servers that we can do in-house builds on.

We’re mostly looking for collaboration, and maybe a little initial guidance about the pitfalls of setting up a cross build environment, adapting RPM .spec's for additional architectural builds, etc.

We have no idea how much work this will be.  We’re also interested in supporting newer (4.10 or later) kernels, so we’ll probably contribute to elrepo as well.

Any pointers/wisdom welcome.

Thanks,

-Philip