[CentOS-devel] EPEL 8

Stephen John Smoogen smooge at gmail.com
Tue Jul 9 13:58:02 UTC 2019

On Tue, 9 Jul 2019 at 07:56, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 9 Jul 2019 at 02:23, Thomas Stephen Lee <lee.iitb at gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> It looks like Fedora EPEL people are having issues with the "modules"
>> architecture.
>> You all are probably busy with CentOS 8.
>> If anyone has spare time, take a look.
>>

>> https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/epel-devel@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/YFJWQBIKFQGY6NWL3F7M3PTWMXOWCTQ5/
>>

> I would expect we are having problems with a lot of things, but we will
> solve them one by one. We solved our problems with RHEL-7 and RHEL-6.

And this is where I see I hit control+enter and not enter.. sending an
email which is not complete.

1. Thank you for bringing up an EPEL list here. I don't normally cross post
to this list because I am not sure how much is germane to this list.
2. Thank you for your interest in EPEL. It is helpful to have people
wanting to inform others of where we are.
3. We are having problems with a new release. We have had different
problems with RHEL-6 and RHEL-7 as each time our build system and rules
have changed greatly since the last time we added an EPEL branch. The
problems are not insurmountable and we are progressing towards having
packages built. It just isn't instant.

--
Stephen J Smoogen.