[CentOS-devel] [EXTERNAL] Re: Rpm post scriplet failed with exit status 1 but return status of rpm is 0

Brian Reichert reichert at numachi.com
Wed Jul 10 13:20:20 UTC 2019

On Wed, Jul 10, 2019 at 09:49:50AM +0000, Maheshwari, Shagun wrote:
> Hi Trevor,
>
> Thank you!! for your response.
>
> I will raise this issue on Bugzilla but I want to know why RPM is allow to install in your system when scriptlet failing error is coming?
> Is this a right behavior?

In my experience, a failure in %post doesn't prevent the RPM from
being installed, as that scriptlet is fired after the installation
completes.

Similarly, if there's an error in %postun, the RPM's payload is
removed, but the RPM is seen as still installed by the RPM database.

--
Brian Reichert				<reichert at numachi.com>
BSD admin/developer at large