[CentOS-devel] Community build services and EPEL8

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Thu Jul 25 13:09:33 UTC 2019

On 25/07/2019 15:05, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 25, 2019 at 02:17:39PM +0200, Alfredo Moralejo Alonso wrote:
>>> Sorry, I'm not familiar with the process here. How does rebuilding help
>>> with testing? Doesn't it mean you have something _less_ tested?
>> What helps is not rebuilding packages (I'm fine with using EPEL packages if
>> they are available) but publishing packages in SIG's managed repos instead
>> of just enabling EPEL repos. I can test those builds (whether rebuilt or
>> just cross-tagged) before tagging and pushing them to the actual repos.
>
> Ah, that makes sense. I'm definitely in favor of figuring out how to do the
> cross-tagging here.

That was basically what I proposed in that thread earlier :
<paste>
Just wondering : if people would like to consume epel pkgs, but still
want to cherry-pick which version of pkgs they need/want : what about :
- creating tag/targets for epel (but not building *any* pkg there)
- rsync (without any delete) epel
- use "koji import" to import all epel pkgs, and also new versions when
new pkgs appear

That would mean : nothing to build on cbs, and people can just "cbs
tag-build" existing imported pkgs.

Would that work for everybody ?
</paste>

We just import all EPEL pkgs, keep all versions and people can tag the
ones they need/want/have tested :-)

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab