[CentOS-devel] virusscan a RPM file?

Young, Gregory gregory.young at solarwinds.com
Wed Jun 12 02:16:27 UTC 2019

I would suggest, after the build is completed, have clamav scan the sources, as part of the build section of the RPM spec. Once the RPM is built, make sure to GPG sign it and also publish your public key so GPG signature checking can be enabled. In this way, you satisfy the AV scan requirement on the package contents before packaging, and you sign the package during build to help ensure it hasn't been tampered with post build.

Obviously, you need to go through all the rigamarol to ensure signature checking is enabled on the destination devices, and that your key is imported and trusted (and you will want to sign your repo if you use one as well, and enable repo signature checking), and also ensure that unsigned RPMs cannot be installed.

Gregory Young