[CentOS-devel] RFC: CentOS 8 Repository Structure

Karanbir Singh kbsingh at centos.org
Wed Jun 19 18:25:19 UTC 2019

On 19/06/2019 19:22, Brian Stinson wrote:

>> combined
>> $tomorrow will

>> here?
>>>> >>

>> I need to be able to run installs against a mirror, weeks and months
>> apart and arrive at the same payload installed exactly.
>>
>> regards
>
> Is there something preventing you from doing that if we ship updates in
> the same repo as the 0-day release content?

yes,

if i yum install <httpd>; with the base only. I'd like to get the same
httpd, not the 3 versions removed in the updates that have now landed in
the same repo.

again, this maybe just a case of publishing a 2nd set of metadata rather
than retain the base rpm set, but we need to retain this functionality.