[CentOS-devel] RFC: CentOS 8 Repository Structure

Karanbir Singh kbsingh at centos.org
Thu Jun 20 10:14:49 UTC 2019

On 19/06/2019 23:36, Brian Stinson wrote:

>> Would something like above snapshot idea have any legs?
>>

>> V/r,
>> James Cassell
>
> What's the use-case for the snapshot structure like this from a consumer's perspective?

I think doing static tree's once or twice a year to mark the boundary
state is good enough from the provider ( CentOS Linux ) perspective,
since there is the entire media and delivery stack that lines up with it.

We do it internally inside the CentOS infra, for local consumption and I
think if someone is going to need this level of granularity, then as was
mentioned earlier in the thread, a local Spacewalk install ( or
something such ), would be the way to go.

regards