[CentOS-devel] RFC: CentOS 8 Repository Structure

Karanbir Singh kbsingh at centos.org
Mon Jun 24 11:42:38 UTC 2019

On 19/06/2019 19:42, Brian Stinson wrote:

>> again, this maybe just a case of publishing a 2nd set of metadata rather
>> than retain the base rpm set, but we need to retain this functionality.

> Wouldn't pinning versions be better here if that's what you need? If you
> took that same kickstart over to a RHEL machine, you'd get the updates
> over there.

no, you would get a point release ( same as media .. ) if you wanted to.
I want to make sure we dont lose that ability in CentOS, so were going
to need to do this.

> Seems to me like delivering the updates separately goes against our
> community recommendations anyways (i.e. the first thing we say in irc is
> "did you run yum/dnf update?").

we dont however, ask people to install arbitary untested trees.

Help me qualify the concern in an extra set of metadata to match point
release media ?

regards,