[CentOS-devel] The future of the community build services

Ken Dreyer kdreyer at redhat.com
Tue Jun 25 22:08:29 UTC 2019

On Mon, Jun 24, 2019 at 9:21 AM Thomas Oulevey <thomas.oulevey at cern.ch> wrote:

> It's time to have a look to the SIGs and the community needs for the
> next version of the community build service(cbs). We would like to
> request feedback and know if the different communities plan on using
> modular builds, and what would be their timeline to be able to produce
> C8 artifacts (rpms, imagefactory builds, etc...).

Speaking for Ceph, we're just doing RPMs for the foreseeable future.
Modularity is under rapid development, so I'm watching from the
sidelines waiting for things to stabilize out (eg.
https://pagure.io/ursa-major/issue/22 )

> As you know Koji is now used to build CentOS 8 [1], and is based on
> the mbbox [2] distribution.

I missed this information. Thank you for sharing it.

> Please let us know, if you have comments and/or new ideas.

Have you had any chances to play around with
https://github.com/ktdreyer/koji-ansible further? I'm using it on
another Koji instance to coordinate changes between several developers
and admins, and it's working out well so far.

- Ken