[CentOS-devel] Delta RPMs (drpms) for CentOS-6 and CentOS-7

Johnny Hughes

johnny at centos.org
Tue Jun 4 14:55:14 UTC 2019

We are having issues with drpms on CentOS-6 i386 and x86_64 and on
CentOS-7 x86_64.

The technical issues sometimes cause us to have to rebuild all drpms
over again .. and the time involved is very large.  Also storing the
drpms and moving them around takes up a lot of space and bandwidth.

We would like to remove delta rpms (drpms) from our CentOS-6 and
CentOS-7 repositories.

But before we do , we would like a discussion on these lists to ensure
this is not going to cause people major issues.

So, begin the discussion, and we will address this again in about a
month.  And we'll see where it leads.

Thanks,
Johnny Hughes