[CentOS-devel] Building CentOS Cloud Images

Young, Gregory

gregory.young at solarwinds.com
Thu Jun 6 01:57:35 UTC 2019

We just moved to Packer.io for cloud image builds. That said, for our customized base image, I did a minimal CentOS 7 install on Hyper-V locally, added the kernel modules for NVMe and ENA support and followed the AWS guides:  https://aws.amazon.com/ec2/vm-import/ and https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/enhanced-networking.html and https://docs.aws.amazon.com/AWSEC2/latest/UserGuide/nvme-ebs-volumes.html#install-nvme-driver

Also, when generating your AMI, make sure to set the Storage Optimized flag in case you want to take advantage of it. If you don't set it during image creation, the AMI won't be able to take advantage of it.

Gregory