[CentOS-devel] RFC: CentOS 8 Repository Structure

Marcin Juszkiewicz

marcin.juszkiewicz at linaro.org
Thu Jun 20 10:23:53 UTC 2019

W dniu 19.06.2019 o 18:08, Brian Stinson pisze:

> Currently there are 3 primary architectures: x86_64, ppc64le, and
> aarch64, and 1 alternative architecture: armhfp. For CentOS 7 we
> split our primary and alternate architectures into /centos and
> /altarch on the mirrors to allow mirror admins to choose which trees
> to mirror. Is this something we'd like to continue?

Having all 3 primary architectures in one place will make live easier
for us, aarch64 developers.

Sure, some projects handle 'altarch|centos' stuff to take care of it for
CentOS 7 but it is nothing hard to change with migration to CentOS 8.
And much easier for all those which not yet handle them.

/altarch/8/ for armhfp is perfect. Info about aarch64/ppc64le being
present in /centos/8/ would be lovely.