[CentOS-devel] Weekly SIG meetings

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Tue Mar 5 20:42:05 UTC 2019

On 3/1/19 5:55 AM, Matthias Runge wrote:

> We, for opstools sig stopped regular irc meetings. At the end, it was
> just two of us, talking repeatedly about the same; for both of us,
> the main focus of work moved on; that doesn't mean, the SIG or its
> content became irrelevant, it just means, there is no need of adding
> another meeting to the week, when there's nothing to talk about.
>
> With that being said, if there is something, I'm happy to organize
> new meetings.
>
> What about other SIGs? Or maybe it would be useful to have a regular
> "SIG"/project sync meeting with SIG chairs reporting progress?

Or possibly a weekly/biweekly update sent to the mailing list, or ...
something.

We've partially filled this space with the quarterly reporting that we
instituted this year, and we're getting those from most of the SIGs.

Mostly, I'm concerned about two things:

1) that someone who wanted to participate has a place/time when they can
speak up and find someone listening.

2) that work on the SIG doesn't disappear into internal (let's be
honest, Red Hat) engineering teams, with no engagement with the upstream.

If you're confident that we're ok on these two points, I won't worry too
much about it.

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
@CentOSProject // @rbowen
859 351 9166