[CentOS-devel] contributions to websites

Rich Bowen rbowen at redhat.com
Wed Mar 27 19:40:15 UTC 2019

On 3/27/19 1:42 PM, Florian Winter wrote:
> I like to know why you chose ruby for further development ?

Because it's what Github Pages uses, and thus what a lot of people may
already be familiar with.

For the most part, almost nobody touching content will need to even be
aware that Ruby is involved. They'll write Markdown, and it will Just Work.

Beyond that, I don't have any strong opinions one way or the other,
except that the work has already been done in the Jekyll implementation.

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
@CentOSProject // @rbowen
859 351 9166