[CentOS-devel] CentOS 8 Artwork needed

Alain Reguera Delgado alain.reguera at gmail.com
Sat Mar 30 20:30:44 UTC 2019

Hi,

On Wed, 2019-03-27 at 11:47 -0400, Rich Bowen wrote:
> Well, I really like it. It would be a great default desktop to
> replace the current one for 7.

Great!

> I note that Fedora, with each release, provides several desktops -
> http://oswallpapers.com/fedora-29-default-desktop-wallpapers/ - is
> this something we want to do, as well, to provide more options.

Yes. Here is sketch 4, a remake of sketch 3, with four different sizes
and eleven variants of color saturation:

https://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Motifs/CentOS8/Sketch4

Note that this one is slightly different from sketch 3. Could you try
this one too and comment your impressions about it?

> Can someone from the Artwork SIG address this? I'm not sure which
> packages are involved.

I am looking at https://git.centos.org/project/rpms and el8 related
packages aren't still visible. I guess once el8 be released the related
anaconda, gnome-backgrounds, centos-release packages where there are
images to change will show up and it would be possible to clone them to
make the rebranding tasks. Could someone validate this process?

Best regards,
--
Alain Reguera Delgado <alain.reguera at gmail.com>