[CentOS-devel] CentOS 8 Artwork needed

Alain Reguera Delgado

alain.reguera at gmail.com
Tue Mar 12 15:54:13 UTC 2019

On Thu, Mar 7, 2019 at 5:46 PM Rich Bowen <rbowen at redhat.com> wrote:

> To all the artists and designers here, we need your help.
>
> With RHEL 8 beta released, we need to start producing artwork for CentOS
> 8. It's time for the CentOS Artwork SIG, and anyone else that's
> interested in contributing to this effort, to start working on
> everything that will be needed for the new release.

The first thing would be to design the artistic motif (a conceptual image
that will describe CentOS 8 major release). Then spread it through all
visual manifestations (anaconda, backgrounds, etc.) so to reach a
consistent and unified visual identity along all of them. This designing
process may take a while. Could the community throw out some words,
sentences, or concepts for artists to get engaged with, or just start
playing with Inkscape and Gimp to see what goes out. It would be nice to
see the work progress somewhere public (e.g.,
https://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Motifs).

Additionally, we will need to update some of the assets listed here:
> https://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Identity

What would be the assets to update?

... and produce new assets for 8 to be listed here:
> https://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Brand/Logo

What would be the new assets to produce?

And, finally, we need someone to step up to lead this effort.

I propose the person who most visible work shares (not me, of course). I
may not dedicate as much time as I would like to, but definitely shall be
around giving a hand to other community members.

While we don't yet know for certain when RHEL 8 will officially release,
> it's safe to assume that it's soon, and we need your help.

Indeed.

Best regards,