[CentOS-devel] CentOS 8 Artwork needed

Rich Bowen

rbowen at redhat.com
Wed Mar 27 15:47:41 UTC 2019

On 3/16/19 5:02 PM, Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
> On Thu, 2019-03-07 at 15:45 -0500, Rich Bowen wrote:
>> What we know we need is anaconda artwork, and new desktop backgrounds
>> to replace the current '7' themed stuff.
>
> Here:
>
> https://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Motifs/CentOS8/Sketch3.
>
> It would be nice to know your impressions and feelings about the image.
> This is a first round proposition using Inkscape Voronoi Diagram
> extension and the Mesh tool, other rounds may come based on your
> suggestions. Note that image source file in SVG format is also
> available in the wiki in case you want to make your own changes. Hope
> this help.

Well, I really like it. It would be a great default desktop to replace
the current one for 7.

I note that Fedora, with each release, provides several desktops -
http://oswallpapers.com/fedora-29-default-desktop-wallpapers/ - is this
something we want to do, as well, to provide more options.

> Rich, could you provide the URL of anaconda and backgrounds SRPM
> packages, please? I would like to explore them.

Can someone from the Artwork SIG address this? I'm not sure which
packages are involved.

Rich Bowen - rbowen at redhat.com
@CentOSProject // @rbowen
859 351 9166