[CentOS-devel] CentOS 8 Artwork needed

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Sun Mar 31 07:23:23 UTC 2019

On 30/03/2019 21:30, Alain Reguera Delgado wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Wed, 2019-03-27 at 11:47 -0400, Rich Bowen wrote:
>> Well, I really like it. It would be a great default desktop to
>> replace the current one for 7.
>
> Great!
>
>> I note that Fedora, with each release, provides several desktops -
>> http://oswallpapers.com/fedora-29-default-desktop-wallpapers/ - is
>> this something we want to do, as well, to provide more options.
>
> Yes. Here is sketch 4, a remake of sketch 3, with four different sizes
> and eleven variants of color saturation:
>
> https://wiki.centos.org/ArtWork/Motifs/CentOS8/Sketch4
>
> Note that this one is slightly different from sketch 3. Could you try
> this one too and comment your impressions about it?
>
>> Can someone from the Artwork SIG address this? I'm not sure which
>> packages are involved.
>
> I am looking at https://git.centos.org/project/rpms and el8 related
> packages aren't still visible. I guess once el8 be released the related
> anaconda, gnome-backgrounds, centos-release packages where there are
> images to change will show up and it would be possible to clone them to
> make the rebranding tasks. Could someone validate this process?
>
> Best regards,

Hi Alain,

Yes, that seems correct : no official sources have been pushed to us
already, but we'll get all that on the new git.centos.org node (yeah,
git.centos.org, reminder, will be migrated to pagure, normally in ~1w,
waiting for final date and annoucing that in other thread)

But if someone wants to already start working on what's needed, I
*guess* that final pkgs wouldn't be that different from the actual
RHEL8beta src.rpms ?
Reminder : those are publicly available :
ftp://ftp.redhat.com/pub/redhat/rhel/rhel-8-beta/baseos/source/
 (and same for AppStream repo, etc)

Cheers,

--
Fabian Arrotin