[CentOS-devel] contributions to websites

Fabian Arrotin

arrfab at centos.org
Sun Mar 31 19:54:14 UTC 2019

On 30/03/2019 21:25, Rich Bowen wrote:

> On Fri, Mar 29, 2019, 14:08 Florian Winter <florianwinter at leetbit.com
> <mailto:florianwinter at leetbit.com>> wrote:
>

>     Hi Rich,
>
>     I don't know how the CentOS community decide such development decisions.
>     If everyone agrees to this, I think I can do the task.
>

> Mostly we run it by folks here, and, in particular make sure that folks
> like Fabian, who will be stuck maintaining it, are ok with it.

So the idea is that each tool (or complete toolchain) that we need to
use to build/produce whatever should be available on a long-term.
So the 'hey, I found a container that does this today' isn't usually a
good idea, except if we can come with a receipe (Dockerfile) that we can
use to rebuild the needed containers/layers every week , or have some
RPM pkgs already available too.

If we look at the current solution used for www.centos.org, it's built
in nanoc, for which we have a container available through
https://registry.centos.org
From a user PoV, it's explained in the README.md file how to get it and
so build locally the website for local rendering, etc

From a sysadmin PoV, here is the Dockerfile that is used to rebuild
every week the container/and get automatic scan from the
registry.centos.org pipeline (kudos to the team in charge of this btw !)
Container : https://registry.centos.org/arrfab/nanoc
Dockerfile/CCCP for registry.centos.org :
https://github.com/arrfab/container_nanoc

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 56BEC54E | twitter: @arrfab