[CentOS-devel] Installing kernel 4.14.34 through kickstart

Far Had

farhadk.it at gmail.com
Mon May 6 12:36:31 UTC 2019

Hi,
Trying to compile and put kernel 4.14.34 into the CentOS 7 (1511 release)
DVD with a ks.cfg already configured. This ks DVD has been working fine
with the original 3.10 kernel. Here is what I did:
I built rpm packages of the 4.14.34 kernel with disabled kernel debugging
option. This gave me 3 rpm files: kernel, kernel-header and kernel devel. I
replaced them with their equivalents in isolinux/packages directory in the
DVD ISO image and  made a new ISO file out of it.
when booting from this image, automatic installation fails after installing
all packages in the post installation at "generating initramfs" phase. The
exact error text is: "No such file or directory" (image attached)

Regards.