[CentOS-devel] Help needed to Install CentOS on Zynq ZC706 ARM cortex A9

Piyush Jadhav

piyushjadhav13 at gmail.com
Mon May 13 22:26:38 UTC 2019

Hi Pablo,

Sorry for the late reply and thank you for pushing us for getting the
serial port repaired, the port was not functioning. Now that we have it
working, I have started to debug through the serial communication, but I
want to raise some doubts in the process. In the blog,
https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/AltArch/armhfp, the last step
is to *dd* the *u-boot-with-spl.bin* file as follows,

> dd if=/usr/share/uboot/${boardmodel}/u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin of=${sdcard} bs=1024 seek=8 conv=fsync,notrunc
>
> But is missing how to load the *u-boot-spl.bin *and* u-boot.img. *Could
you please shine some light on this for us? I understand that the order has
to be ROM code -> SPL -> u-boot -> kernel. Does it means that I have to
also dd u-boot.img, like here,

> dd if=u-boot-spl.bin of=/dev/sdX bs=1024 seek=8
> dd if=u-boot.img of=/dev/sdX bs=1024 seek=*X (?)*

On the other hand, I also tried to boot with another method using only the
centOS Rootfs file (in the root ext4 partition), and the Boot.bin and
image.ub files (in boot partitions) which I created using petalinux/yocto.
The kernel boots up but falls into the kernel panic, with errors as *cant
execute the /sbin/init - (error -8)* -> which refers as permission denied.
Please let us know what you think of this too!

Thanks a ton in advance!

Regards,
Piyush