[CentOS-devel] SCL packages in CentOS 7 that are expired and EOL

Jan Staněk jstanek at redhat.com
Tue May 14 11:57:04 UTC 2019

As the person in charge of maintaining updates for the rh-* SCLs,
I can say that I'm not shipping/caring about these once they are marked
as EOL; so from my POV, they can be removed if it is not desirable to
have them in the repositories.

That being said, there is a possibility that a inter-SCL dependency will
break, as have happened last summer with rh-ror42 (maintained at the
time) and rh-nodejs4 (EOL). Since upstream does not remove the
unmaintained packages from the repos, such dependencies won't be
discovered until someone does remove them.

Basically, I'm in favor of removing the EOL SCLs, but it might break
non-EOL collections, which will take some time to fix.
--
Jan Staněk
Associate Software Engineer, Core Services