[CentOS-devel] Preliminary RHEL 8 review

Nico Kadel-Garcia

nkadel at gmail.com
Thu May 9 19:54:23 UTC 2019

I've noticed a few things that may help other people setting up test
environments.

1) The RPMs on the installation media are split into two distinct
repositories, "BaseOS" and "AppStream", for no reason I can discern.
This means that if you try, like me, to mount a DVD image and use it
as local yum repo for testing out kickstart setups and mock builds,
you need to address the multiple necessary repositories with the new
names.

2) For Virtualbox, it absolutely needs more than 1 GB of RAM.With only
1 GB, it hands during hte firstboot setups.

3) Mock is going to be.... awkward to port, due to multiple python
dependencies in on the DVD.