[CentOS-devel] SCL packages in CentOS 7 that are expired and EOL

Trevor Hemsley

trevor.hemsley at ntlworld.com
Mon May 13 18:47:39 UTC 2019

Hi all

I just had a glance at the various repos installed by centos-release-scl
on CentOS 7 and a large number of the packages available in the CentOS
version of this repo are both old and out of date and more importantly,
EOL. They should be removed from our repos ASAP.

I know we had/have a policy of cleaning these repos up at point release
times but it's quite apparent that we have missed all of these for a
number of point releases from 7.3 onwards. Thus I propose we make an
exception for these and remove them anyway, regardless of point release
time or not. A lot of them should have been gone for 3 years already.

The following are all dead as per
https://access.redhat.com/support/policy/updates/rhscl - some of them
deader than others.

devtoolset-3 - Oct 2016
devtoolset-4 - Nov 2017
devtoolset-6 - Nov 2018
git19 - Oct 2016
mariadb-5.5 - Oct 2016
maven30 - Oct 2016
mogodb24 - Oct 2016
mysql55 - Oct 2016
nginx16 - Oct 2016
nodejs010 - Oct 2016
perl516 - Oct 2016
php54 - Oct 2016
php55 - Oct 2016
postgresql92  - Oct 2016
python33 - Oct 2016
rh-git29 - Nov 2018
rh-mariadb100 - Apr 2018
rh-mongodb26 - Apr 2018
rh-mongodb30upg - Apr 2018
rh-mysql56 - Apr 2018
rh-nginx18 - Nov 2018
rh-nodejs4 - May 2018
rh-passenger40 - Apr 2018
rh-perl520 - Apr 2018
rh-postgresql94 - Apr 2018
rh-python34 - Apr 2018
rh-ror41 - Apr 2018
rh-ruby22 - Apr 2018
rh-thermostat16 - Oct 2016
rh-varnish4 - Nov 2018
ror40 - Oct 2016
ruby193 - Oct 2016
ruby200 - Oct 2016
rust-toolset-7 - ???
sclo-python34 - Apr 2018
thermostat1 - Oct 2016
v8314 - Apr 2018

The following go EOL this month:
====================
rh-mariadb101 - May 2019
rh-maven33 - May 2019
rh-mongodb32 - May 2019
rh-nodejs6 - May 2019
rh-postgresql95 - May 2019
rh-python35 - May 2019
rh-ror42 - May 2019
rh-ruby23 - May 2019
sclo-python35 - May 2019
sclo-ror42 - May 2019

These are not mentioned on the above page but could be part of other
SCLs that are still current (maybe!)

rh-eclipse46*
sclo-cassandra3 - ????
sclo-git212 - ???
sclo-git25 - ???
go-toolset - no expiration date given
libasan[2,3,4,5] libcilkrts, liblsan, libmpx, libtsan, libubsab[1] - ????
llvm-toolset-7 - part of devtoolset-7?
sclo-subversion19 - ???
sclo-vagrant1 - ???

Trevor