[CentOS-devel] Help needed to Install CentOS on Zynq ZC706 ARM cortex A9

Mon May 13 22:26:38 UTC 2019
Piyush Jadhav <piyushjadhav13 at gmail.com>

Hi Pablo,

Sorry for the late reply and thank you for pushing us for getting the
serial port repaired, the port was not functioning. Now that we have it
working, I have started to debug through the serial communication, but I
want to raise some doubts in the process. In the blog,
https://wiki.centos.org/SpecialInterestGroup/AltArch/armhfp, the last step
is to *dd* the *u-boot-with-spl.bin* file as follows,

> dd if=/usr/share/uboot/${boardmodel}/u-boot-sunxi-with-spl.bin of=${sdcard} bs=1024 seek=8 conv=fsync,notrunc
>
> But is missing how to load the *u-boot-spl.bin *and* u-boot.img. *Could
you please shine some light on this for us? I understand that the order has
to be ROM code -> SPL -> u-boot -> kernel. Does it means that I have to
also dd u-boot.img, like here,

> dd if=u-boot-spl.bin of=/dev/sdX bs=1024 seek=8
> dd if=u-boot.img of=/dev/sdX bs=1024 seek=*X (?)*

On the other hand, I also tried to boot with another method using only the
centOS Rootfs file (in the root ext4 partition), and the Boot.bin and
image.ub files (in boot partitions) which I created using petalinux/yocto.
The kernel boots up but falls into the kernel panic, with errors as *cant
execute the /sbin/init - (error -8)* -> which refers as permission denied.
Please let us know what you think of this too!

Thanks a ton in advance!

Regards,
Piyush