[CentOS-devel] RHEL 8 is out

Wed May 8 20:19:34 UTC 2019
Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel at gmail.com>

On Tue, May 7, 2019 at 5:05 PM Rob Thomas <xrobau at gmail.com> wrote:

> For those that missed the announcement, 8 has been released.
>
> Now we just get to sit back and wait for all the repackaging magic to happen!
>
> --Rob

My fingers are crossed that the closer relationship between Red Hat
and CentOS, and the new git repo layout, helps tremendously with that.

I tried to get the "30-day" license to download the DVD and review the
new RHEL 8, but was blocked by not having a separate, non-gmail
address to register the Red Hat account with. I also tried to buy a
one-year license, . I'm not happy that Red Hat doesn't want to sell me
an individual copy, but I encountered confusion. The "use this credit
card" part of the order form demands a separate page filled out with
corporate information, and an email address that must be a "corporate"
email address, My nkadel at gmail.com address was not usable, even though
it's also tied to my old consulting company.

That is.... unnecessarily frustrating.