[CentOS-devel] C8 updates / CentOS-announce

Fabian Arrotin arrfab at centos.org
Tue Nov 5 18:17:01 UTC 2019

On 05/11/2019 18:38, Kevin Stange wrote:
> On 11/1/19 2:06 PM, Brian Stinson wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 1, 2019, at 13:41, Leon Fauster via CentOS-devel wrote:
>>> Do package updates for C8 get announced via centos-announce list?

> Can you provide some details as to how this is managed and generated?
> Is there an entry limit, or how long will package updates appear in
> these feeds?  Is it possible to continue to provide a link to the
> upstream errata notification or at least provide a matching ID number?
>
> The way this looks right now this will actually be more difficult to
> work with than just scraping the mailing list has been for CentOS 6 and
> 7.  It's nice seeing the RPM %changelog in the description, but
> everything else is worse from my perspective.

No secret sauce for the rss feeds , just repo-rss from yum-utils that is
ran against repositories :)
So a little bit of jinja2 in the ansible role and it's done :
https://github.com/CentOS/ansible-role-httpd-feeds/blob/master/templates/rss-generator.j2#L10

We can easily bump the number of entries that repo-rss would generate if
that helps ?

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab