[CentOS-devel] CentOS 8 Live ISO?

Trevor Hemsley trevor.hemsley at ntlworld.com
Sat Nov 9 19:15:52 UTC 2019

On 09/11/2019 19:00, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On Sat, 9 Nov 2019 at 07:29, Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org> wrote:
>> Yeah, I have been working on it in my spare time and it is not
>> 'simple' for multiple reasons. Like Fabian I can make a 'simple' Live
>> CDROM which takes 500 MB (1700 uncompressed) but not installable. I
>> have tried a couple of other items but it looks like I need to dig
>> into pungi to set up various things that livemedia-creator needs to
>> add it together.

Personally, the fact that it's not installable sounds like a win to me. Having dealt with all the problem reports on the forums and IRC channels, having something where you cannot bypass the proper installer sounds like a Good Thing (TM). Can we not remove the "Install" option completely and then what you have sounds ideal!

Trevor