[CentOS-devel] CPE Weekly: 2019-11-29

Aoife Moloney

amoloney at redhat.com
Fri Nov 29 22:05:42 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the CPE team weekly project update mail!

Background:

The Community Platform Engineering group is the Red Hat team combining
IT and release engineering from Fedora and CentOS. Our goal is to keep
core servers and services running and maintained, build releases, and
other strategic tasks that need more dedicated time than volunteers
can give.

For better communication, we will be giving weekly reports to the
CentOS and Fedora communities about the general tasks and work being
done.  Also for better communication between our groups we have
created #redhat-cpe on Freenode IRC! Please feel free to catch us
there, a mail has landed on both the CentOS and Fedora devel lists
with context here.

Note:

This document is currently built from individual reports rolled into a
google document which we edit and copy into a final document. We are
aware that this causes problems with some email readers, and are
working on a method to make this less problematic.

High Level Project Updates:

CentOS:
The team have been testing projects migration from repospanner to
locally hosted git repositores on git.dev.centos.org and come back
with a migration script/plan to unblock RCM

CentOS Stream
Scoping meetings are still ongoing

Fedora:

Rawhide Gating:
Bodhi was 5.1 released and is deployed in staging
Robosignatory is broken in staging preventing testing much there

Application Retirements

Elections
Elections being moved to Communishift really soon! Stay tuned!

Fedocal
Still no progress on kanban board last four weeks
https://teams.fedoraproject.org/project/fedora-calendar/kanban

Jlanda is still hitting permission error in communishift
https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/8274
Still working on running local instance

Nuancier
Benson Muite is now working on OIDC authentication
A PR will be created on Github to test if we can see the progress
New PR from sebwoj - Porting to Fedora messaging is under review

Pastebin
Still on track for December 1 modernpaste shutdown

GDPR and privacy centric conversations with respect to application
handovers have resulted in…..more conversations needed - shock :)

Misc

Bugzilla sync script has been resolved
Email inviting to review its change has been sent

New changes to src.fedoraproject.org deployed:
Ability to set the anitya monitoring status directly in the UI
Ability to adopt orphan (and not retired) packages directly in the UI

New changes to Pagure on the horizon:
New API endpoint to enable/disable git hooks
Ability to set dist-git in the default assignee overrides for bugzilla

EPEL 8 modularity
Updates can now be created in bodhi staging!
We are currently testing pushes/composes
We are also testing epel8-playground-modules composes

Aarch64 is now racked and networked

Koji
New koji owner script was debugged
Koji client was updated
Koji was also patched for the --title option fix

Configured migrations from Ansible/Jinja template
https://pagure.io/Fedora-Infra/distgit-bugzilla-sync/pull-request/1
https://pagure.io/Fedora-Infra/distgit-bugzilla-sync/pull-request/3
https://pagure.io/Fedora-Infra/distgit-bugzilla-sync/pull-request/11
https://pagure.io/Fedora-Infra/distgit-bugzilla-sync/pull-request/14
https://pagure.io/Fedora-Infra/distgit-bugzilla-sync/pull-request/16

Various Resolved Issues
https://pagure.io/mdapi/pull-request/91
https://github.com/fedora-infra/bodhi/pull/3782

Comments? Suggestions? Feedback? Let Us Know!

Have a great weekend!
Aoife

--
Aoife Moloney