[CentOS-devel] Join us in #redhat-cpe on Freenode

Fri Nov 1 11:21:39 UTC 2019
Leigh Griffin <lgriffin at redhat.com>

This is originally from Randy Barlow but for time zone reasons I am
forwarding this onto the devel list as we will reference it in our weekly
update. Thanks Randy for putting this together :)
----

This is a repost from
https://blog.electronsweatshop.com/join-us-in-redhat-cpe-on-freenode.html

tl;dr; join us in #redhat-cpe on Freenode!

Many moons ago, Red Hat merged the CentOS infrastructure team with the
Fedora Infrastructure team, into a team known as "Community Platform
Engineering" (CPE). Most of the individuals on the combined team have
mostly continued to focus on the project they were assigned to before
the merger, but as time has gone by we have looked for opportunities to
collaborate more.

I recently observed that we had been using internal communications to
communicate about collaborative projects between CentOS and Fedora
infrastructures, rather than public forums. This happened mostly
because we've long had internal methods for communicating, and because
the collaboration is not particular to either community, so using
#fedora-admin on Freenode didn't seem particularly proper either, for
example.

Thus, this week we have established the #redhat-cpe channel on Freenode
as a place for our team to communicate openly about the collaborative
efforts we are engaged in. Join us there if you are interested in
helping us bring CentOS and Fedora closer together!

--

Leigh Griffin

Engineering Manager

Red Hat Waterford <https://www.redhat.com/>