[CentOS-devel] CPE Weekly: 2019-11-08

Fri Nov 8 20:56:50 UTC 2019
Aoife Moloney <amoloney at redhat.com>

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the CPE team weekly project update mail!

Background:

The Community Platform Engineering group is the Red Hat team combining
IT and release engineering from Fedora and CentOS. Our goal is to keep
core servers and services running and maintained, build releases, and
other strategic tasks that need more dedicated time than volunteers
can give.

For better communication, we will be giving weekly reports to the
CentOS and Fedora communities about the general tasks and work being
done.

For increased communication between our communities, we have created
#redhat-cpe on Freenode! Please feel free to catch us there, a mail
has landed on both the CentOS and Fedora devel lists with context
here.

Note:

This document is currently built from individual reports rolled into a
google document which we edit and copy into a final document. We are
aware that this causes problems with some email readers, and are
working on a method to make this less problematic.

High Level Project Updates:

CentOS:

RHEL 8.1 announced Tuesday, team are busy tackling this

Workaround to help automatically restart repospanner

7.8 beta push has 3 packages left

Fedora:

Rawhide Gating:

We are working towards deployment of Bodhi 5.0 to production

Testing & Staging are both going fine

Synching with centos.ci.org

New ci-resultsdb-listener due in production this week

More work is going into docs for rawhide gating

repoSpanner

Discovered  a new bottleneck that appears due to network latency that
wasn’t present in local testing.

We are also further analysing core dumps for unexplained hanging of the app

Tested pushing the Ansible repo to a local repospanner cluster to see
how it performed with new 83x patch. It pushed in 4 minutes. Network
bottleneck is prenventing real numbers.

We are also working on improving testing.

Additional developer docblocks landed

Application Retirements

Elections

Blocking issue was fixed (https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/8253)

Fedocal

jlanda hitting permission error in communishift
https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/8274

Nuancier

Benson Muite is now working on OIDC authentication

We are emailing  him to check the progress and if he needs any help

Fpaste

Updated fpaste CLI appears to have landed in EPEL.

Writing a commblog about it

Sunset date: 1 December 2019

Badges

GDPR query under investigation

Misc

Some of the team attended the OpenAlt conference in Brno. Watch out
for blogs about our experience!

The team are exploring smaller end of year initiatives, and we would
welcome any thoughts or feedback.

Comments? Suggestions? Feedback? Let Us Know!

Kind regards & have a great weekend!
Aoife
--
Aoife Moloney