[CentOS-devel] CentOS 8 Live ISO?

Sat Nov 9 12:29:08 UTC 2019
Fabian Arrotin <arrfab at centos.org>

On 09/11/2019 00:07, Fredrik Mikker wrote:
> Good evening,
>
> I'm looking for at CentOS 8 Live ISO, but I fail to find one. Is there
> anyone that can point me in the right direction?

They were not created due to lack of free time.
I tried quickly with livecd-tools but it failed to even build an image
and I had no more time to investigate.
I then tried with lorax/livemedia-creator and was able to get one image
that was working in live environment, but was trac'ing back during
"liveinst" stage, so it wasn't even able to get installed. so same thing
: had no time to investigate further.

So in summary : nobody came with a "hey, here is what needs to be
fixed/patched and here is a PR", so we initially thought that in fact
nobody was interested into Live ISOs anymore.

PS : last week, someone from CERN, Ben, said that he was working on this
and he said he found what would be needed to "hot-patch" anaconda for
it. He said he'd come with a PR for this, after a small discussion on
irc in #centos-devel ... nothing (yet) received but maybe later, I'll
let him comment on this

--
Fabian Arrotin
gpg key: 17F3B7A1 | twitter: @arrfab