[CentOS-devel] missing src.rpm for updated centos 8 kernels?

Wed Nov 20 13:09:32 UTC 2019
Antal Nemeš <Antal.Nemes at hycu.com>

> I noticed the same problem; we were also missing the kernel-debuginfo package e.g. kernel-debuginfo-4.18.0-80.11.2.el8_0.x86_64.rpm ; this is quite annoying.

Good input. I guess I'll cross-reference the rest of the packages and open a bug.

> Generally there are two places to find source rpms if they're missing on
> vault:
> - git.centos.org, e.g. for kernel on centos8
> https://git.centos.org/rpms/kernel/commits/c8
> You'd need to check this out and rebuild from spec

Thanks for the tip.

Are "src.rpm missing on vault" a common problem? I don't recall having these issues with Centos 7.
I have a CI system that builds non-standard kernel modules, which relies on src.rpms being available through standard source repositories.
Right now, it's easier for me to stay on kernel-4.18.0-80.7.1.el8_0 which has a src.rpm, assuming this gets sorted out eventually.

> - koji build lets you download artefacts including the src.rpm (and in my case, the -debuginfo package)
> https://koji.mbox.centos.org/koji/buildinfo?buildID=4562

Download link for src.rpm (and others) in Koji returns 403 (Request forbidden by administrative rules).
[1] https://koji.mbox.centos.org/pkgs/packages/kernel/4.18.0/80.11.2.el8_0/src/kernel-4.18.0-80.11.2.el8_0.src.rpm

I don't see any login or signup option on the page.

Regards,
Antal