[CentOS-devel] Centos Atomic deprecated?

Tue Nov 26 11:08:49 UTC 2019
Dan Seguin <dan.seguin at Cord3Inc.com>

Whatever you or I find, I will share and help. As I mentioned before, Centos 7 ATomic has huge broken tooling for re-spins. Lorax is lacking for C7. *cough* anaconda updates *cough* And many Lorax changes...

Would *love* to move to Assembler as Jason told me so long ago....

Dan
From: CentOS-devel <centos-devel-bounces at centos.org> on behalf of Thomas Oulevey <thomas.oulevey at cern.ch>
Sent: November 26, 2019 4:32 AM
To: centos-devel at centos.org
Subject: Re: [CentOS-devel] Centos Atomic deprecated?

Hi Jason,

On 11/25/19 8:08 PM, Jason Brooks wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 22, 2019 at 12:09 PM Spyros Trigazis <strigazi at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hello all,
>>
>> These are great news!
>>
>> I would like to ask about centos8 atomic.
>
> There's no current plan to do an 8-based atomic host. There's no RHEL
> 8 atomic host to follow, so it'd have to be a new thing.

So for the coreos / ostree tooling,Should we look at :

https://github.com/coreos/coreos-assembler

and how much effort it would be to use these tools on CentOS 8 and with
C8 as a target ?

Is there relevant blog posts or other documentation we could look at ?

Disclaimer; I didn't google much it's just a new use-case I am
investigating for atomic/coreos rather than centos install.

--
Thomas 'alphacc' Oulevey