[CentOS-devel] Pacemaker and pcs missing in CentOS 8

James Cassell fedoraproject at cyberpear.com
Mon Oct 7 14:16:48 UTC 2019

On Mon, Oct 7, 2019, at 9:34 AM, Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> On Mon, 7 Oct 2019 at 09:24, Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > On Mon, 7 Oct 2019 at 08:48, Fedor Piecka <teplavoda at gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Hello
> > >
> > > I've been evaluating CentOS 8 for a while now. I found that pacemaker and pcs packages (aka "High Availability Addon") are missing in the default repositories. They seem to exist in EPEL.
> > >
> > > Is this a bug or an intention?
> > >

> > This is intentional. The High Availability Addon in RHEL-8 is a
> > separate product line outside of the operating system so does not come
> > across in the RHEL-> git.centos.org source feed. So the packages are
> > not in CentOS-8.
>
> This is where smooge should read what package it was, go to confirm in
> RHEL and then CentOS, and then reply.
>

> OK so I was wrong and apologize for not doing my homework before
> replying. pacemaker is a src.rpm which builds pacemaker-libs rpm which
> is shipped in RHEL and CentOS. The missing packages are ones which are
> not shipped in RHEL because they are in the High Availability Addon
> product. So I think they are not shipped in CentOS because of the same
> reason various other -devel packages aren't shipped. THey aren't in
> RHEL so they aren't in CentOS.

Unless I'm misunderstanding, these add-ons have historically been included with CentOS... was this not in fact the case, or has something changed? (I specifically remember seeing haproxy from RS add-on installed from CentOS on a RHEL server because it wasn't available natively without extra cost.)

V/r,
James Cassell