[CentOS-devel] Pacemaker and pcs missing in CentOS 8

Christopher Voltz christopher.voltz at hpe.com
Mon Oct 7 15:52:52 UTC 2019

The packages are provided separately by Red Hat (two different
entitlements) but they have been provided by CentOS in the past as part
of the base OS:

  * http://vault.centos.org/centos/7/os/Source/SPackages/pcs-0.9.167-3.el7.centos.src.rpm
  * http://mirror.math.princeton.edu/pub/centos/7/os/x86_64/Packages/pcs-0.9.167-3.el7.centos.x86_64.rpm

The pcs package isn't in EPEL or in the source or binary packages
released with CentOS 8.0. The package does exist in the RHEL HA 8.0
release so I suspect the missing packages from CentOS 8.0 are an oversight.

Note that the RHEL HA 8.0 release has 54 packages:

    awscli
    booth
    booth-arbitrator
    booth-core
    booth-site
    booth-test
    clufter-bin
    clufter-cli
    clufter-common
    clufter-lib-ccs
    clufter-lib-general
    clufter-lib-pcs
    corosync
    corosync-qdevice
    corosync-qnetd
    corosynclib-devel
    fence-agents-aliyun
    fence-agents-aws
    fence-agents-azure-arm
    fence-agents-gce
    libknet1
    libknet1-compress-bzip2-plugin
    libknet1-compress-lz4-plugin
    libknet1-compress-lzma-plugin
    libknet1-compress-lzo2-plugin
    libknet1-compress-plugins-all
    libknet1-compress-zlib-plugin
    libknet1-crypto-nss-plugin
    libknet1-crypto-openssl-plugin
    libknet1-crypto-plugins-all
    libknet1-plugins-all
    pacemaker
    pacemaker-cli
    pacemaker-cts
    pacemaker-doc
    pacemaker-libs-devel
    pacemaker-nagios-plugins-metadata
    pacemaker-remote
    pcs
    pcs-snmp
    python3-azure-sdk
    python3-boto3
    python3-botocore
    python3-clufter
    python3-fasteners
    python3-gflags
    python3-google-api-client
    python3-httplib2
    python3-oauth2client
    python3-s3transfer
    python3-uritemplate
    resource-agents
    resource-agents-aliyun
    resource-agents-gcp

Looks like all of these packages are missing from the CentOS 8.0 release.

*Christopher Voltz* <mailto:christopher.voltz at hpe.com>, Master Engineer
HPC Segment Solutions, Hewlett Packard Enterprise <https://www.hpe.com>