[CentOS-devel] CPE Weekly: 2019-10-11

Aoife Moloney

amoloney at redhat.com
Fri Oct 11 18:02:46 UTC 2019

Hi everyone,

Welcome to the CPE team weekly project update mail!

Background: The Community Platform Engineering group is the Red Hat team
combining IT and release engineering from Fedora and CentOS. Our goal is to
keep core servers and services running and maintained, build releases, and
other strategic tasks that need more dedicated time than volunteers can
give.

For better communication, we will be giving weekly reports to the CentOS
and Fedora communities about the general tasks and work being done.

CentOS:

   -

    The team is working with CERN about koji upgrade process for
   cbs.centos.org
   -

   CentOS CI
   -

      JMS messaging  plugin now in testing
      -

         Ack of messages is still missing but the fix is in progress
         -

         Both publishing & consuming are working
         -

   Mirrorlist code change for CentOS 8
   -

   Investigating a phpbb upgrade for www.centos.org/forums and
   fr.centos.org/forums hosts

Fedora:

Rawhide Gating:  <https://github.com/fedora-infra/bodhi/projects/3>

   -

   5.0 pre-release is ue in staging by hopefully the end of this week
   -

   New Koji has been deployed in production
   -

      https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/8244
      -

   Requests for side-tags via fedpkg seems to work
   -

      https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/8280
      -

   Createrepo for side tag in koji is now 45-seconds for a side-tag - this
   is lower than before, so making progress!
   -

      https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/8245
      -

   Fedora Messaging:
   -

      Ci-resultsdb-listener is waiting on ci.centos.org to be
      finished/deployed.
      -

      Fedora-messaging code has been merged
      -

      New release will support new message from the CI system

repoSpanner <https://github.com/repoSpanner/repoSpanner>

   -

   Increased push performance by 51%!

Application Handover to Community

   -

   Elections: Blocked by this issue - PostgreSQL database is missing in
   application catalogue https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/8253
   -

   Badges: Thread has been started to get a decision with new maintainers
   -

   Packagedb-cli: Retired.
   -

   Pastebin: Ongoing conversations with future maintainer, expecting an
   update in the next week
   -

   Elections: Move to CommuniShift underway but blocked by this issue
   before complete
   -

       https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/8253
      -

   Fedocal:  Possible maintainer found & the team are/will engage to
   finalize
   -

      https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/8274
      -

      Deadline for commitment to maintain is still 15th October
      -

   Nuancier: Maintainer(s!) are identified and the team are engaging in a
   conversation :)
   -

      There is also a conversation happening
      <https://lists.fedoraproject.org/archives/list/infrastructure@lists.fedoraproject.org/thread/YBI6OS5KJK3WG2J6OTLWN2AY42R5LMWL>
      in Fedora infra channel about changes in Nuancier.
      -

   Documentation for onboarding contributors to Community OpenShift still
   ongoing with a good mail thread on Fedora Devel

Misc highlights from various parts of the ecosystem:

   -

   FPDC: No Update
   -

   CI Initiative: Disg-git test of CentOS infra conversation happening here
   https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/8279
   <https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/8279>
   -

   Bug in Koji plugin was resolved so sending signing messages has resumed.

https://pagure.io/fedora-infrastructure/issue/8158

   -

   cpe/infra-docs repo is being removed from pagure and we are now going to
   use infra-docs-pagure instead. Working with an active contributor in the
   repo to make sure there are no problems.
   -

   Final freeze started on Tuesday 8th October

As always, comments and feedback are more than welcome and we hope you are
finding these updates informative!

Have a great weekend!
Aoife
--