[CentOS-devel] Centos Atomic deprecated?

Dan Seguin dan.seguin at Cord3Inc.com
Fri Oct 18 15:27:24 UTC 2019

Thanks for your considerate response.

As for what I (and some others) are looking for, it was left out from my message you quoted.

Thanks for the link.

If I can help to keep Atomic alive (with better or upgraded tools), I'd be happy to help.  I understand the problems with this, mostly.

Cheers.
From: CentOS-devel <centos-devel-bounces at centos.org> on behalf of Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>
Sent: October 18, 2019 11:16 AM
To: The CentOS developers mailing list.
Subject: Re: [CentOS-devel] Centos Atomic deprecated?

On Fri, Oct 18, 2019 at 02:58:28PM +0000, Dan Seguin wrote:
> That wasn't too helpful.

Not too helpful how? Can you be more specific about what you're looking for?

> I read a good post by Farak(?) that had the same questions.

I think you mean a post by Farkas Levente, on the atomic-devel list. Scott
McCarty replied to that, but I think some things got lost in translation.
Scott's thinking from a the product side when he says there's "no roadmap
for CRI-O and CoreOS support outside of OpenShift".

>From the *community* side, Fedora CoreOS is will be a fully-official
community-supported edition — just not a Supported capital-P Product. But
Fedora Atomic (and CentOS Atomic) were never that either. And, the plans for
Fedora CoreOS in terms of that community support include taking the lessons
learned from Atomic and from the CoreOS community to make that even better.

Have you seen https://fedoramagazine.org/introducing-fedora-coreos/ (and in
particular the part about future plans)? Is that more what you're looking
for?

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>