[CentOS-devel] 3rd party Desktop apps for CentOS 8

Ljubomir Ljubojevic

centos at plnet.rs
Tue Oct 22 06:59:42 UTC 2019

Hi all.

Last week I read that Nux des not have time to build Nux-Dextop repo for
CentOS 8.

Is there anyone with time to prepare and recompile apps/packages that
will be missing from other repositories?

Earlier I've joined Fedora Project to add some Fedora packages to EPEL
but have stop there confused how to procede, it need investigating what
I am allowed to do and how.

Other option I considered is to add el8 to my old repository I created,
but considering hardly enyone used it, that will not solve general
public. When I get time and stabe internet (once again) I might
replicate Nux-Dextop packages for EL7 to EL8 so I have them for my own
laptop.

So are there any other options?

--
Ljubomir Ljubojevic