[CentOS-devel] Status about progress / HA, RS and RT

Brian Stinson

brian at bstinson.com
Fri Oct 18 19:15:09 UTC 2019

On Fri, Oct 18, 2019, at 13:34, Leon Fauster via CentOS-devel wrote:
> After releasing C8 I can imagine that a lot of work has still to be
> done. Any update somewhere (Wiki, Twitter etc.) about what is actually
> happening right now?

Keep paying attention here. Right now we're doing cleanup from the release and the updates batches, which is not something that's really visible to the outside. As we move forward to more participatory things you'll see discussion here on the list.

> Are CentOS Stream being pushed to RHEL8.1Beta state? Or does this happen
> when its released (RH)?

CentOS Stream is currently the same content set as CentOS Linux with a few targeted differences. Keep in mind, for the moment CentOS Stream is basically a prototype but we still need to build the backend processes to make Stream happen on a larger scale.

That being said: we are *not* building RHEL 8.1 Beta content on a large scale

> What about the current EL8 HA, RS and RT repos (corresponds with RH's
> Add-Ons [1])? What are the plans for this stuff?

If you're interested in these, I'd suggest gathering up some folks and consider forming a SIG. I'd find it even more interesting if such a SIG were to focus on upstream versions of the tooling.

--Brian