[CentOS-devel] copr fedora repos on centos

Wed Oct 2 09:36:35 UTC 2019
Alexander Bokovoy <abokovoy at redhat.com>

On ke, 02 loka 2019, Rami Elias (TECH V) wrote:
>Hi,
>
>i'm trying to install latest freeipa from copr repo on centos 8, if i enable the copr repo with:
>
>bash# dnf copr enable @freeipa/freeipa-4-8
>Do you really want to enable copr.fedorainfracloud.org/@freeipa/freeipa-4-8? [y/N]: y
>Repository successfully enabled.
>
>and then dnf update:
>
>[root at miles-rabon ~]# dnf update
>Failed to set locale, defaulting to C
>CentOS-8 - AppStream                                                                                                                                                                                          2.1 kB/s | 4.3 kB     00:02
>CentOS-8 - Base                                                                                                                                                                                               1.6 kB/s | 3.8 kB     00:02
>CentOS-8 - Extras                                                                                                                                                                                             550  B/s | 1.5 kB     00:02
>Copr repo for freeipa-4-8 owned by @freeipa                                                                                                                                                                   228  B/s | 341  B     00:01
>Failed to synchronize cache for repo 'copr:copr.fedorainfracloud.org:group_freeipa:freeipa-4-8', ignoring this repo.
>Dependencies resolved.
>Nothing to do.
>Complete!
I don't think that repo was ever updated for CentOS 8.

>or are copr fedore repos just not compatible with centos?
CentOS 8 / RHEL 8 have FreeIPA packaged differently than in previous
versions or in Fedora. We didn't update the copr repo to work with
CentOS 8 at all.

--
/ Alexander Bokovoy
Sr. Principal Software Engineer