[CentOS-devel] CentOS Stream and major releases

Sun Oct 6 02:35:46 UTC 2019
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>

On Sat, Oct 05, 2019 at 10:24:45PM -0400, Nico Kadel-Garcia wrote:
> > "Fedora will remain the first upstream of RHEL. It’s where every RHEL
> > came from, and is where RHEL 9 will come from, too. But after RHEL
> > branches off, CentOS will be upstream for ongoing work on those RHEL
> > versions."
> It sounds like extra work to maintain an intermediate release between
> RHEL and Fedora.

This is work that's already being done. The difference is doing it
transparently and making it available to use, test, and build on.

>        It also sounds like an attempt to bring EPEL projects
> in house, which has been tried before and often broken stable
> software. I refer to ansible, and most recently python 3.6.

Can you elaborate on how it sounds like that?

--
Matthew Miller
<mattdm at fedoraproject.org>