[CentOS-devel] Pacemaker and pcs missing in CentOS 8

Tue Oct 8 01:06:41 UTC 2019
Nico Kadel-Garcia <nkadel at gmail.com>

On Mon, Oct 7, 2019 at 9:34 AM Stephen John Smoogen <smooge at gmail.com> wrote:

> OK so I was wrong and apologize for not doing my homework before
> replying. pacemaker is a src.rpm which builds pacemaker-libs rpm which
> is shipped in RHEL and CentOS. The missing packages are ones which are
> not shipped in RHEL because they are in the High Availability Addon
> product. So I think they are not shipped in CentOS because of the same
> reason various other -devel packages aren't shipped. THey aren't in
> RHEL so they aren't in CentOS.

I'm staring at the RHEL channels. The high availability has rardly any
distinction from the resilentstorage channel, and both of them consist
mostly of the tools to build awscli, which has long been available
from EPEL. This is a case where the need for a separate channel was
misplaced, and almost all of the components should have been in the
main codeline to support awscli.