[CentOS-devel] Non RHSCL RH content in SCLo

James Cassell fedoraproject at cyberpear.com
Thu Sep 5 05:49:19 UTC 2019

On Tue, Sep 3, 2019, at 11:34 AM, Honza Horak wrote:
> While this is packaged as SCL as well, it is not part of the RHSCL
> content in Red Hat, so we originally did not pay closer attention to
> that piece of sw in SCLo SIG.
>
> It looks like there is some demand now, so we can probably request cbs
> tags for that and try to rebuild that SCL, similarly as we do it for
> other RHSCL content.

What is the general process for getting an equivalent to SCLs by Red Hat into SCLo? The SCL I'm interested in specifically is jws5, i.e., an up to date tomcat web server.

> Ken, if there would be some troubles with rebuilding, would you be
> willing to help, by any chance?
>
> Honza

I'm willing to help with any necessary packaging changes if someone can point me in the right direction.

Do I just `centpkg import`the relevant SRPMS from Red Hat to get started?

V/r,
James Cassell