[CentOS-devel] CentOS 8/7.7

victor mason

vm2196 at gmail.com
Tue Sep 10 11:10:36 UTC 2019

What's the hold up on both of these? Are we back to the old days?

https://linux.slashdot.org/story/09/07/30/130249/CentOS-Project-Administrator-Goes-AWOL

The whole point of setting the update page at
https://wiki.centos.org/About/Building_8 was so people didn't constantly
ask about release dates. Redirecting queries there is completely fair if
someone updates the damn thing. It's now been a few weeks with complete
radio silence.

It's been 4 months since RHEL8 was released and we are coming over a month
for 7.7 with a bunch of security updates piling up.

Nobody from the outside who depends on this has any visibility into it and
it's frustrating. Is this an IBM thing? What the hell is going on?