[CentOS-devel] CentOS 8/7.7

George Dunlap dunlapg at umich.edu
Tue Sep 10 16:01:58 UTC 2019

On Tue, Sep 10, 2019 at 3:47 PM Akshay Kumar <akshayk at gmail.com> wrote:

>>  Barring that, it might help for
>> you think of it like this: when developers go silent, it simply means
>> they're busy working...
>

> See this is where you guys start losing everyone. That is just a silly statement and pisses people off. You see people from the project tweeting left and right and not answering actual questions about release timelines. Then someone comes along and says something that is total and absolute crap.

I don't think there's a need to escalate this.  It is absolutely
natural for developers to think, "Can't they trust me when I tell them
that I'm still working on it?"

I do agree with you, though, that it is absolutely *unnatural* for
users to think, "I haven't heard a thing for 6 weeks, I guess they're
just busy working really hard."  It would help users immensely if
someone who knew where things stood could at least give a brief update
every week or two, saying that work is still ongoing, and at least
giving a brief summary about why it's taking so long (along the lines
of Ladar Levison's email about the installer).

 -George